Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was wonderful! We went to church and then spent the day relaxing. Lincoln and I took a nap together and snuggled for a long time. It was great to have a day to do nothing... which doesn't happen much around here. We just ignored the "to-do list" and enjoyed being a family. It was such a beautiful day so we decided to take advantage of it and go on a family walk (with Belle of course). I took Lincoln in the Baby Bjorn and turned him around (facing out) for the first time. He loved it and was taking it all in. He loved looking at the trees and was mesmerized by the world around him.

Lincoln had daddy go out and buy a couple gifts, including a picture frame, a Willow Tree figurine of a mom holding her baby, and my favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream. But Lincoln gave me the one gift only he could give... a full night sleep!!! Yes, Lincoln slept through the whole night three nights in a row!!! Last night broke the pattern, but I'm hoping he'll continue to sleep through the night from time to time... well really I'm hoping for every night, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Lincoln has been cracking us up lately with his sleeping "activities." He is turning out to be a lot like his mommy... a very active sleeper. One morning I woke up and saw Lincoln's arm and leg completely hanging out of his cradle. And of course my first reaction, like any good parent, was to laugh and grab the camera before rescuing him. Another morning he had both legs sticking out. And then this morning his head was at the foot of the bed... he did a 180 while still wrapped up tight! Now that takes talent!

Lincoln is definitely living up to the meaning of his middle name - Isaac = he will bring laughter. He brings laughter and joy into our lives!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL colton is all over his crib too. Caden was the one that would the the legs stuck though.I went and baught a breathable bumper and that helped!lincoln is cute with his momma!

Aaron, Leslie, Lily and Eden said...

Seriously... he gets cuter everytime I see him!

nana said...

Lincoln also went shopping for his Nana. He found a Willow Tree "Grandmother holding a Baby". So perfect after the wonderful time Papa and I spent with him last month. I got to sit and rock Lincoln while he slept. To feel him breathing, to smell his sweet baby smell, and to look down into that breautiful little face -- a time I will cherish until we see them again.

Giana said...

lol that cracks me up about how he sleeps!!!! I'm glad he is sleeping through the night! The first time Owen did that I freaked out! ha ha. Well I can't believe we got our first mother's day! I'm glad you had an awesome day!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

It must be the Hawn in him! I have a picture of Jared with his legs sticking the bars in the crib too!