Friday, December 5, 2008

15 little inches of life

Hi everyone! I (Jeremy) just wanted to take a few minutes to fill you in on the adventure April and I started out on yesterday afternoon. I'm home to grab a few things for April and get a little bit of rest...but I wanted to say hi before I go:)Yesterday at lunchtime April started to notice some things happening with her pregnancy that caused her to call her doctor. The doctor suggested that we get checked out at the hospital and that's when it all began...

Over the next couple of hours her contractions started increasing...harder and closer together...and it became obvious that the doctors were not going to be able to hold birth off any longer. The doctors were awesome and tried as hard as they could! April was only in her 30th week of pregnancy but it was obvious that God had different plans. A great team of medical people...some of the best in the state...rushed in to join around us and at 2:27 a.m. this morning we welcomed Lincoln Isaac Brown into the world weighing only 2lbs 14oz and measuring 15 inches long. Due to the fact that Lincoln is so premature, they rushed him (after a quick kiss from Mom) into the neonatal ICU...which again is one of the best in the state! He was quickly stabilized and then we were able to see him a little. He even grabbed onto my finger when I touched his hand:) Needless to say it was a very long night, but we can't say how thankful we are to have received such amazing care from our Dr. and the medical staff at John Muir Medical Center Walnut Creek. April and I both know that God was watching over us and little Linc.

So now what? Well, it's just a waiting game to see how he does over the next several days. We were told that they could keep him in the nicu for up to six weeks. His vitals are still doing good considering the circumstances but it's just not possible for the doctors to answer a lot of our questions. This whole thing really is entirely in God's hands. God reminded us he is with us today because April was allowed to hold Lincoln for about an hour in the ICU:) He also opened his eyes a little bit and his breathing became less labored when he got to feel his momma close by. God is good.

Before I go I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you everyone who has called us, offered to help, and most importantly prayed for us over the last 24 hours. It feels kinda lame to just say thanks but that’s because it's hard to put our feelings into words
Since many of you are miles away…here are some pictures and videos we wanted to share. Enjoy and keep praying!
Love ~
Jeremy, April, & Lincoln

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Brown family is such a TRUE testament to following and having Faith in God. You two are such an inspiration and I was left speechless reading you words and reviewing your pics/video. May little Lincoln continue to do well and grow into a strong man of God, just as his parents are. We love you both and will see you Sunday. God Bless...
Jim and Robyn

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious baby. We love you so much already and can't wait to meet you. Thanks, Jeremy, for posting this. He is amazing. He is wonderful. God is so good!
Love, Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that the Christmas Ensemble at First B stopped and prayed for you Thurs. eve. Glad to get the news and to hear that April was able to hold Lincoln. We are praying for you
Roy and Deb Dooley

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and April amd Linc,
You're in my prayers! Welcome to our world, Linc. You are already a blessing :).
Much Love!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy & April,
Congratulations! So happy for you both. He is so precious. I will continue praying for all of you.

In His Love,
Debi Abshier

Mandy said...

Jeremy and April! What an amazing little bundle of life! I love how God answers prayers! I'll continue to pray for your family!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for continued health for little Lincoln.
The Modesto Middletons-Ben, Michele, A and Z

Anonymous said...

im anonymous but i wanted to say i had my 30 weeker this am at 1212. i hear about you through gia if you want to keep in touch my email is brunettebabebc@yahoo.com we will be facing alot of the same obstacles!

Anonymous said...

Dear, dear Jeremy,April and precious new little Lincoln! Thank you so much for sharing these pictures and moments with us! He truly is a miracle and we pray that God will continue to protect him. I can't wait to meet him in person! Love you Three! Steve and Carla

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, April and little Lincoln, I was so happy to be able to see the pictures and read a little about your adventure while here in WA. My little California girl, Sofia is a bundle of energy and a living testament to God's goodness and to the care and love she received at John Muir NICU, Lincoln could not be in a better place and will thrive under their care. The best part was how the staff there encouraged Robin and Kurt every step of the way, making sure that the "the family bond" was strong and secure for Sofia. The Great Physician and the amazing people he gave healing gifts to...Lincoln is blessed beyond measure!! My prayers are with you three and can't wait to meet him!! Jeremy, I will be home Monday night and am available Tuesday to lead youth if you need me to. Just e-mail me with all the specifics and I will take care of it. Love you both!! Debbi