Made it to 24 weeks! Goal #1 for the year accomplished :-). 24 weeks is still, of course, way too early for little baby boy to make his appearance, but it marks a wonderful point in the pregnancy - if he were to come early he would have a fighting chance at surviving. The great news is that I am feeling really good and not having any signs of early labor. With Lincoln labor started suddenly at 30 weeks, and he came within about 12 hours. Of course, this time around I know more what to look for, and what my limitations are. No heavy lifting, resting when my body tells me it's time, etc. I'm being good and making sure I take good care of myself for this little one.
My OB is also very confident that this pregnancy will go to full-term. Each week I receive an injection of progesterone to help prevent early labor. They have found this treatment to be extremely effective and have had very few early deliveries with this treatment. So, we will confidently continue on and enjoy waiting for baby #2 to arrive. My "plan" / hope / prayer is to have this little one that last week of April. I'm officially due on May 15, but daddy is graduating on May 10 and walking the stage in southern California - I'm pretty determined that all 4 of us get to be there to celebrate! So... start praying now for the last week of April for a healthy, full-term delivery. That way baby boy and I will have a few days to recover before our first trip as a family of 4!!! Can't wait to meet him... in April (pleeeeaaasseee)!!!!
The developing baby bump!

No comments:
Post a Comment