It's been over a week since we updated the blog... time is flying by... so here are the basics first: Lincoln had another pediatrician appointment last Tuesday and weighed in at 7 lbs 2 oz! He's gaining weight like crazy and the doctor was very happy with his progress. Thursday he saw the opthomologist and got another good report (his first eye exam last month showed immaturity... to be expected). In fact two other preemie parents were at the office too... it was fun to chat for a minute and show off our kids. One mom and I (April) discussed the "joy" of being a shut-in... okay so that is a bit dramatic, but it seriously gets boring having no contact with the outside world other than a few doctor visits. At least I'm not alone in being tied to home for my preemie.
Many have asked how we are doing. Well it has been almost three weeks since we brought him home. We are loving every minute of it (well...almost evey minute). We are loving the experience of being parents; now it really feels real! We are tired...which we expected...but I'm sure no one is 100% prepared for parenthood.One song that really helped me throughout Lincoln's time in the hospital and still encourages me (especially during these sleepless nights) is by Shane and Shane, called Psalm 62 (I highly recomend their album, Pages... my new favorite!).
"He's the only one strong enough to lean my heaviness against... He won't move... My fortress shall not be shaken. My mighty rock... I lay my head upon His chest... Even in your fear. Oh your God is here to lean on... So all ye weary come and rest..." As we learn to be parents it is great to know we aren't in this alone. It is truly a joyful time, but one that has been a bit draining physically and emotionally. But every day, sleep or no sleep, I can rest on God.
"He's the only one strong enough to lean my heaviness against... He won't move... My fortress shall not be shaken. My mighty rock... I lay my head upon His chest... Even in your fear. Oh your God is here to lean on... So all ye weary come and rest..." As we learn to be parents it is great to know we aren't in this alone. It is truly a joyful time, but one that has been a bit draining physically and emotionally. But every day, sleep or no sleep, I can rest on God.
It's funny, there are random times when I turn to Jeremy and say, "I still can't believe we have a baby!" I look at Lincoln and am in awe. I'm in awe of God's blessing, amazed at His creation, and in shock that He entrusted Lincoln to us.
The sleep deprived look! Belle loves her baby! She helps us take good care of him. And her protective side has gotten much stronger. She likes to alert us of stranger danger... but the seriously loud barking doesn't even phase Lincoln!
Grandma and Grandpa stopped by for a visit this weekend.
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
so cute! i feel you on being sleep deprived, in fact its 1:47am and Owen is awake. Eventually we need to do play dates! Glad to hear Linc is doing so well!!!!
Oh he has gained well since he has been home. Are you BFing? I was for a while & supplementing 22cal but we are on just 22 cal till 6mths. I think he will be huge by then though. He is already 10lbs. He has such a reflux problem. Does Lincoln have that or no? I just wanted to say hello and check up on mr . lincoln!
You guys are doing GREAT! Been there with the sleep deprivation, remember that to will pass! We would love to get over to see you soon!
Post a Comment