Thursday, February 5, 2009

Two Months

You may have noticed that our blog has been a little quiet over the last few days. Any guesses why? If you guessed that we're lacking a little sleep, you win!

If I had to pick a word to describe the state of our house right now, I'd probably go with "adjusting." That seems to fit well. By the way, it's official...Lincoln pooped through his clothes for the first time yesterday! I know, I'm sure you really wanted to know, but oh well:-) It's been a week since we brought Lincoln home and we've totally enjoyed every minute. I'd be lying to say that we haven't had our moments of stress, but looking back on some pictures from the very beginning of this adventure we are quickly reminded that it's all worth it (even the really long sleepless nights). Whether it's in the middle of the night or the middle of the day...crying or totally asleep...we are blessed to have this little boy in our family. It's crazy to look at him and realize that we haven't even reached April's due date yet (it's still about a week away). Today we marked the fact that Lincoln is now two months old with a cupcake and two candles. Wow! We still can't believe it. It all seems a little surreal at times.

Lincoln is doing really good. I'm not sure that he totally digs the quietness of our house(compared to his bed in the NICU) but he is still doing good. If I were to ask you to pray for one thing specifically though, I'd ask you to pray that he would get more sleep. Whenever he is supposed to be sleeping he gets really fussy and therefore never really gets to rest. When his eating time rolls around he's usually pretty sleepy and doesn't eat as well. Pray that he would get some really good sleep in between his eating times so that he can continue to gain weight and grow.

Thanks so much for staying connected to our blog and keeping us in your prayers. Although we may not be posting updates as frequently as we have in the past, we look forward to sharing more with you in the coming days and weeks.

Have a great weekend!
Jeremy, April, and Lincoln

December 5, 2008

February 5, 2009






4 comments:

joyfully broken said...

Wow, it's so hard to believe he's already two months old. Thank you for continuing to post updates. I love the picture of him when he was born and the picture of him now. We serve an awesome God who loves to do miracles!
We're continuing to pray for you guys and can't wait to meet Lincoln in person.
love and prayers

Anonymous said...

he may have gas? I ve gotten for all 3 of my kids this bubble be gone at the healthfood store. If you have one near by go in and ask if they have gas remdeys for babies. I tryed the OTC ones and those never helped. when colton is fussy thats usually it. i give him that and he toots it al out and better. Do you swaddle him really tight when he sleeps? That helps, if i dont colton gets very fussy! with the bottles, i wake him up 30 min before each feed and get him good and awake then let him eat fall asleep and put him in his swing. im sure yall know all this but sometimes advice can help so im trying =)

Anonymous said...

Time for some new pictures! Happy Valentines Day, Lincoln! Love, Aunt Jodi

Anonymous said...

looking for an update! I love comparing the two since they are alot alike!