Lincoln had his four month check-up today. He will be four months old on Sunday... yikes! The time is already flying by! It was another good appointment and the doctor is happy with Lincoln's progress. They measured and weighed him, and we thought we'd make it a little interesting by guessing his height and weight. I (April) got both exactly right! He was exactly 22 inches long and 10 lbs 8 oz! I have an unfair advantage over Jeremy in knowing how he is filling out his clothes each day and about how much he eats. Very soon Lincoln will be going up a size in clothes and diapers... and we will remove his car seat insert. Seems so strange to have him fitting into "normal" things now since he was sooo tiny when we brought him home.
Today was another day for shots. Lincoln is more resisitant to shots each time we go. In the hospital he was a trooper with barely a whimper at each shot (of course he got them every couple days). But now he gives us real screams and real tears! And we have to go back again in two weeks and two weeks after that for even more shots. ugh! Since he is a preemie our pediatrician wants to space them out more. On one hand it is nice to have less trauma each time and the side effects are lessend, but it draws them out even more. Since the appointment Lincoln has basically been asleep, only waking up for meals. Hopefully tomorrow he will be back to himself.
We are really enjoying how Lincoln is interacting with us more. He has definite times when he is alert and awake. It is so fun to talk with him and sing to him and basically do whatever we can to get a smile. He has even started cooing every once in a while instead of his usual "preemie grunt" that we have come to love. I know he will discover many more noises to entertain himself with and will love getting a reaction from us. It is so fun to watch him grow, but on the other hand I want him to stay my itty-bitty preemie too. I can't believe how big he is getting, and I almost laugh whenever people tell me he is so tiny - to me he is huge! :-)Another joy of having a kid is getting to torture him. Hahaha. Jeremy and I have lots of fun with Lincoln. People say he looks so much like Jeremy so we thought we'd see how the glasses would look. All we were missing was a blue, horizontal striped polo :-). What good is having a kid if you can't have a little fun along the way. Don't worry we'll be nice when he is old enough to remember... maybe!
.jpg)
3 comments:
He is so cute! Thanks for updating. I hated, hated, hated shots! Love the glasses and the leaf-covered winkie! When can we see this little munchkin again?
Love, Jodi
Love the glasses!! He is just a growing! Colton doesnt go for his 4 mth d/a till next week! i hate shots there is soo many shots for there little bodies. How is he doing sleep wise?
God is so good! I love all the updates and hearing how God is blessing your gorgeous little family.
love you guys!!
PS. The strategically placed leaf is hilarious!
Post a Comment