Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Church Baby Shower

On Saturday our church threw a baby shower for Lincoln... he was sad he couldn't make it, but sends his thanks to all who made it such a special time for mommy. We were so blessed by the love our church family showed us at the shower... and have been showing us since Lincoln arrived. We are truely blessed to be here.

A few highlights of the shower:

Watching ladies sniff dirty diapers (ok... it was just melted chocolate) to find out what candy bar it was. I'm not sure I've seen diapers inspected that well before! There was the sniff test, then the visual check.... and I'm pretty sure I saw a few do a little taste test. "Is that chocolate or poop? Chocolate or poop? ... lick.... it's chocolate..." "What if that had been poop?" " I told you motherhood was messy" (a great scene from Baby Mama).

The fantastic desserts! A passion of mine! Dena's orange cake was sooo good. And Inga (trained as a pastry chef) made amazing lemon tarts, and some chocolate tarts that were....mmmmm.... the kind of good where even I can't finish the whole piece (and for those of you who have seen me put away desserts know that says a lot).


Enjoying my little helpers who were all very eager to hand me presents and help me clean up - what sweeties you all are!!! Thank you Olivia, Faith, Sophie, and Lucy!

Chatting with friends... I feel like I only talk to nurses these days... of course they are a lot of fun, but it was great to see those of you I have missed the past month and a half. And seeing the girls! I'm so used to hanging out with all of the high schoolers twice a week so it has been weird not seeing you and hearing the weekly updates on life. And of course seeing my sister and mom who drove up for the shower. Thank you to everyone who came - I really had a great time. And thank you to Dena for hosting - you are super woman in my book!!!! And to all others who helped I so appreciate your time! You ladies went all out! :-)

Another really special highlight was the prayer time you all had for me. What a sweet time! Judy led the prayer time and gave it a theme very close to my heart. She asked everyone to pray blessings over Lincoln and Jeremy and me. To bless Lincoln with strength, good health, and Godly character traits, and wisdom for us as parents. Every night before we leave the hospital we pray for Lincoln and often ask God to bless him and to have him be a blessing to everyone around him. To give a blessing to someone is so important and has so much meaning. Thank you all for your prayers - they are dear to us.

Here are a few pics of the fun we had!
Beautiful ladies of Crossroads!

One of my favorite gifts... diapers!

Lincoln got a lot of cute clothes that I will enjoy dressing him up in, but he was really excited to hear about all the toys (like any good little boy would be!)

The handmade blankets and hats were also another favorite of mine. I'll teach Lincoln to treasure those things that had so much time and love invested in them!

The picture frames were from Jeremy's mom... of course I got totally choked up!

1 comment:

joyfully broken said...

I love all the pictures and updates...you guys are allowing the rest of us the chance to be there with you through all of this. He is getting so big! And now with that tube out we can really see his adorable little nose. I love the nursery, you two did a fabulous job. Now it just needs little Lincoln in it to complete it! And God will make sure all of that comes together in His perfect timing.
love and prayers!