Today we took another step towards bringing Lincoln home from the hospital...we attended the nicu discharge class, taught by one of the nurses. We were given a lot of helpful information and it was good to talk with some of the other parents who have preemies that are close to going home. Over the last several weeks we've gotten to casually know some of the other parents and it's encouraging to realize that we're all in a similar boat.Before going back to the hospital this evening for trip #2 of the day, we spent some time checking off a few more items from our "To do before Lincoln comes home list". We installed his car seat, put some shelves up in his room, and hung up his cool sun light. It's been fun to decorate his room...I kinda wish I could sleep in there:-) He's got some cool stuff going on in there.
.jpg)
Lincoln now weighs 5lbs. 12 oz. It's fun to see how he's has been growing everyday. We're hoping that he continues to gain weight so that he can grow stronger and stronger as each day passes. Yesterday was a little discouraging because he just seemed too tired to eat but today he seemed to have a little more energy. By this evening he was eating much better and we were able to leave the hospital on a good note. It's always good when we're able to leave the hospital feeling encouraged.
Over the last few days, April and I have been trying to get used to the fact that Lincoln will be coming home soon (hopefully!). We often go from being really excited to feeling really nervous. This afternoon I was changing into some more comfortable clothes...I was standing in front of the mirror when I got this feeling like someone told me, "It's going to be ok, we can do this!" I'm not sure if you've ever had that sort of feeling before...but it gave me a rush and I knew at that moment that April and I can get past the nerves and be the parents we need to be to Lincoln. Obviously we're not perfect and we're still going to be nervous about some stuff. I'm sure that anyone would be a little nervous about bringing their baby home after watching him so closely and worrying about his heart and lungs for seven weeks in the hospital...but I know we can do it. Just pray that God will continue to calm our fears and give us peace.
Over the last few days, April and I have been trying to get used to the fact that Lincoln will be coming home soon (hopefully!). We often go from being really excited to feeling really nervous. This afternoon I was changing into some more comfortable clothes...I was standing in front of the mirror when I got this feeling like someone told me, "It's going to be ok, we can do this!" I'm not sure if you've ever had that sort of feeling before...but it gave me a rush and I knew at that moment that April and I can get past the nerves and be the parents we need to be to Lincoln. Obviously we're not perfect and we're still going to be nervous about some stuff. I'm sure that anyone would be a little nervous about bringing their baby home after watching him so closely and worrying about his heart and lungs for seven weeks in the hospital...but I know we can do it. Just pray that God will continue to calm our fears and give us peace.
This morning someone reminded me of a great quote from a familiar movie...I think it's pretty fitting for the adventure we're on: “Frodo - I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. Gandalf - So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Man! What a great reminder! There's no question about it...we'd never ever ever want to go back and change anything that has happened...but how awesome to look towards the future and realize that we have a choice to make. What are we going to do with the time that is given to us? Well first things first, April and I are going to be really happy to carry our little boy into our house soon...that's for sure!
Here are some pics from our day and a short clip of what happened when I tried to liven up "burp time" tonight. Hopefully they'll bring a smile to your day.
Here are some pics from our day and a short clip of what happened when I tried to liven up "burp time" tonight. Hopefully they'll bring a smile to your day.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Our daily prayers have grown from, "Please make little Lincoln big and strong," to now they are, "Please continue to make him big and strong and let mommy and daddy bring him home really, really soon!"
Love the updates and we're continuing to pray every day for you guys!
Such a sweetie. Thanks for sharing all the updates. He is just getting cuter by the day!
Love,
Jodi
yey lincoln! he is doing great. have yall did the cpr class yet?
Thanks for sharing what's been going on the past 7 weeks. I have really enjoyed the updates and taking time to pray for the 3 of you, as well as the drs.'s and nureses who tended to the 3 of you with such compassion and understanding. Lincoln looks great and has grown so much.
Thanks sharing Lincoln's progress. Yesterday at Women's Bible Study we all got to "hold" him as Ruth's cell phone picture was passed around. We're keeping all of you in our prayers.
Cheryl
Post a Comment