Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Waiting

We are beginning to feel like the end of Lincoln's hospital stay is getting closer...we just can't put our finger on an exact date. It's really exciting to look back and think about good he is doing and know that God has totally been watching over Lincoln. As of today he weighs an even 5lbs! Isn't it crazy to think about the fact that he was born at 2lbs. 14oz? We catch ourselves thinking back to December 5, 2008 and we're amazed at what has happened since. It's even more amazing to wonder what is in store for us in the future. Tonight we sat with Lincoln and talked to him about all of the things he will be able to do when he grows up. We told him about how his little hands will one day be able to play with toy cars, how we'll be able to run around at the park together, how he'll get to meet our dog, and sleep in his own bed.

We aren't fools...we know that God is in control of the future (how could we not think that after this adventure!?). But after seeing Lincoln stay in the hospital for the last several weeks, I think we were just ready to dream a little bit. It's weird, we were totally surprised when Lincoln was born early. It's been tiring and a little stressful at times...but in this weird way, I'm not sure that we would want to go back and change anything that has happened. On the night Lincoln was born I remember telling someone, "Yeah, we didn't expect this at all, but that's ok because sometimes life is better that way". I think I was just trying to talk myself through the shock of that night but I (we) still feel the same way. When "our" plans and expectations went out the window...the things that are more important in life seemed to come to the front of the stage. Please don't get me wrong...we are still two really imperfect people. I just think that we'll always cherish these days. There is something special about this time in our lives. With all of this said, we are definitely ready for Lincoln to come home!...although it would be nice to rent a monitor and a few nurses:-)
Keep up the prayers!
Jeremy, April, & Lincoln

Can you guess the theme of Lincoln's room?
Someone really cool painted this for us...
we're thinking about adopting the painter:-)











Our other kid...waiting for Lincoln to come home








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he will be able to play with toy cars (daddy's huge collection of Micro machines) and a little boy never has enough legos. And it is fun to look at him and wonder just what he will become, a teacher, a Policeman, the CEO of a large co., a Dr., the Pres. of the United States (oh, I hope not)! Whatever goal he sets his sights on, I only hope he makes you a fraction as proud as you have made us and he will be a sucess!
We Love You, Mom and Dad

joyfully broken said...

It is amazing to look back these past few weeks and see how often God's hands have been all over your family. I know God's ways shouldn't amaze me, but seeing His work always leaves me in awe. Lincoln has grown so much and has made so much progress. I've said this many times before, but I believe it with all my heart: God has remarkable plans in store for your little guy. How fun for you two to sit down and dream about his possibilities.
Love and lots of prayers!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your blog 100% i almost cryed. I just started this blog and i copied some writtings from another place i blog too. Lincoln will be home soon! yey he is 5lbs BIG MILESTONE! i want to add you as a follower but i cant figure out how to.

Anonymous said...

PS i am Coltons momma fellow 30 weeker.