Monday, December 8, 2008

A Good Day

So...I think our hands have probably been cleaner in the last four days than they've been in our entire lives! Each time we go into visit Lincoln we've got to do the "3 minute scrub". We don't want to give him or any of the other babies any cooties from the outside:)

All kidding aside, today was a great day! Lincoln seems to be getting stronger and showing more signs of development every day. The morning started off with us meeting his nurse for the day. It was fun to talk with her because she's actually friends with someone I work with at our church. She told us that she'd been given a heads up about our baby...so when she came into work this morning...she looked for Lincoln and immediately called dibs on him. It's good to know he's under such great care. His nurse even asked me to help her in removing a line which was going into a vein in his bellybutton. The line helped the nurses keep track of his blood pressure...which means that he's stable enough that they don't need to constantly watch it anymore. That's a good thing!

While Lincoln chilled out under his blue LED's, April and I got a little more rest. We also had the chance to go out to lunch...which was sorta fun because the place we ate at was the same place we went to dinner back in March and made the final decision to start trying to have a baby. We decided to treat ourselves to some dessert to celebrate our success.

Like I said before...Lincoln seems do be improving every day. I can't help but think that it's because of the many prayers that have been lifted to God recently. Please continue to pray for him and us as we continue to travel on this adventure...no matter what happens in the days to come. Also, thanks to all of you who've been leaving comments on our blog. It's encoraging to read your words and hear that many of you have made it through similar situations. I think all of this is testament to the fact that God is a great Dad.
















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Jeremy and Aunt April,
ummmm I hope you have a great day. And I pray that you would go home soon. And I hope that baby Lincoln would be done with the Drs. ummm getting some stuff in him and I love to play the wii and I love playing with ummm and I hope you have a great day. That's all I want to say. Love, luuuukkke

Anonymous said...

Good Morning. Ummm...looking at the time you posted it looks like you didn't quite get the rest you were intending to get. Well, we love you. Thanks for a new bit of information. He is just so cute. We will continue to pray for him. He (and you, mom and dad) are constantly on our minds and hearts. I read Psalm 23 this morning and it made me think of you. "The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. (It's all about HIM!)Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (I bet you have ventured there in your thoughts), I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever." What an amazing gift it is to be called His child. Happy Tuesday! Love, Jodi

gma said...

I'm praying always and know the Lord will give you grace and peace and a strong healthy guy ~ Lincoln is a sweetie and is not lacking in love!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the continual updates. The fact that you guys are at one of the best hospitals in the state, with some of the best doctors, with a nurse who takes extra special care of him, and that Linc is growing so much stronger every day are not mere coincidences...God obviously has awesome plans for him. Your obedience and faith during this time is such a testimony. We love you guys and are praying for you daily.
~Michael and Allison

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! You three look like a perfect trio :) You guys are in my prayers.

~Rochelle Ramirez (we meet at the Arnold's 4th of July party)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy and April,
This is Aunt Linda way out in CO and even tho we are so far away, you are on our minds and hearts always. What a sweet little boy you have......I know he will grow up big and strong and play the drums just like you did, Jeremy. Thanks for the daily updates. The pictures are precious and you all look like pros already. Hang in there, we are praying for all three of you, plus the doctors and nurses that are caring for him.
Love, Aunt Linda and Uncle Bill
Merry Christmas