First I'll start with some of the basic medical facts...
Today they took Lincoln off the cpap (contstant positive air pressure) which meansno more annoying big tubes on his head! The best part is that we can actually see his little face (which we'll get to in some later pictures:) They also took the temporary IV line out of his belly button and put in a more permanent line in his arm. There are getting to be less and less wires! This is all good news and it means that he's progressing well. We had a good conversation with his night nurse who told us that they are waiting to finish one of his medications before they start to try and feed him drops of milk. There will be some road markers in his development process and learning to eat and digest is a big one. They're also hoping that his billibrubin (jaundice) count will go down soon. Another thing they're watching is a heart murmur. Tomorrow they'll do an echocardiogram to check it out. Pray that the hole will have closed up in response to the medication they've given him. At this point that's really all there is to report on in terms of medical stuff...now to the fun stuff!
April went to the hospital by herself this morning when I had to go into the church office for a little bit. She called me on the way home for lunch and she sounded really excited...she gave me the medical update for the morning and then shared how she's finally starting to feel like a Mom. It's hard to constantly watch our baby lying in his bed but not be able to take him home at the end of the day...so...when they let her be a part of caring for him it makes it a lot more real. Lincoln also had his eyes open a lot this morning which was really special. Oh yeah...he also offcially recieved his cool name card with poka dots and a turtle sticker on it. I had to remember to mention the important stuff of course.
Tonight when both of us went back the hospital together, they let us give him his first "bath" (which really just consists of wiping him down with a wet piece of guaze:)...but when he's just laying there in the same positions for days...even a little minor wipe down helps! And yes...to all the moms out there...we made sure to wash behind his tiny ears. I got some more practice changing his diaper (which happens to be the same size as my cell phone) but apparently I can use some more practice. I didn't quite the get the 1st one tight enough so the nurses sent us home with our first load of baby laundry:) He peed through his diaper hahaha:) After that we just spent some time resting our hands on him and praying for him...letting him wrap his hands around our fingers. It's still amazing that he knows who we are.
If you were to ask me how we're doing (which many of you have), I would say, "We're doing pretty good". It's true, I think we are doing pretty good but at the same time, it's not getting any easier to have to say good night and leave Lincoln at the hospital. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you could pray for one thing...pray for that. Ask God to watch over Lincoln when he sleeps at night. Ask God to take our place and sit in the rocking chair next to his bed. Ask God to put his hands through the holes in Lincolns bed and rest his powerful hands on Linc's tiny body.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Oh my, how precious. The viedo brought tears to my eyes. And he is growing! I laughed about the diaper not getting on right! That is very typical (ugh, can I say for a daddy?? And that you had to do the laundery! Lincoln is the first person I pray for each morning as I get out of bed. Today will be a good one for this is the day the Lord has made!
Praise the Lord on those great medical updates! We serve an amazing God. Thanks for letting us know how not only to pray for Linc, but how to pray for you guys too. We're lifting you guys up every day!!
love and prayers,
Michael and Allison
Good Morning to you all. I was awake last night (thanks to Luke who wondered at 3 a.m. why he didn't have a roommate and was quite sad about it!), and prayed for you all. Thanks again for a great update. He is just wonderful!
Lots of love and prayers,
Jodi
Congrats to all three of you. Our prayers are with you always and we look forward to each update. Thanks to Nana Jan and Papa Ed for letting us know of Lincolns arrival. Much love and please know we are with you in spirit. What a wonderful family.
Uncle Tom and Aunt Joyce
Hey Brown's. The Arnold clan loves to come here and get the latest updates!!! Keep them coming...and we'll keep praying. Miss you tons.
Robyn and Jim Arnold
Brown family,
It's so great to keep the updates online so we don't have to disturb you with phone calls. just a few side notes. make sure it's th cell phone you are answering, otherwise you could have a wet ear! hahaha
I really like the shades Lincoln gets to wear, see he's already a cool dude. Lincoln looks like he is already growing. Congratulations and we will keep praying for all 3 of you.
linda and wayne hudlin
Post a Comment