.jpg)
On the other hand, I would be absolutely crazy to say that today was just a "normal" day. Afterall, April and I had the privilege of spending time with our son! There is nothing "normal" or mundane about that!
Lincoln is continuing to grow and develop. He did really good at regulating his own temperature today with the "lid" on his bed open, and he seems to be eating well.
After watching his oxgyen levels and heart rate so close over the last few weeks, I don't think we can ever say that stuff is just normal. Sure...at some point down the road we'll probably drop back into our routines; working, traffic will probably still be a pain, we'll get busy with stuff...but I think (or at least I hope) that we will always have a different perspective on life. It's hard to describe how it feels when we just sit and watch Lincoln sleep. For those of you who've had kids, you probably know what I'm talking about...it's something special when you just stop and think about how amazing your little baby is. I thought about this verse as we were driving home tonight...
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16
If I was to name one prayer request tonight, I would ask you to pray for our energy. We're pretty tired and we're realizing that our days and weeks are really blurring together. We'd like to be at the hospital as much as possible in addition to taking care of other responsibilities. Please pray that God would give us good rest when we sleep so that we can feel refreshed and renewed each day.
Thanks!
Jeremy, April, Lincoln, and Belle:-)
1 comment:
Praying God will continue to renew your strentgh hour by hour. And meet your every need emotionally, physically, and spiritually!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment