It's late Sunday night and you know what that means...just like many nights over the last few weeks, I'm sitting down to share another update on our adventure with you. I've got to be honest about a few things before I give you the latest though. #1 - I've never really been the kind of person to sit down and put any time into journal writing. April is really the one who started this blog back in August. She wanted to be able to share pictures and stuff as the pregnancy went on. Some friends had also encouraged her to start a blog...and well, here we are...and this blog thing seems to be a really good way to get some thoughts and feelings off my chest...never would've thought it would happen:) #2 - I've gone back and forth a couple of times on how much I should write. As I'm sure you would agree, once my thoughts start pouring out...I can end up writing a lot. I always want to share what's really on our hearts and what's really going on with Lincoln, but at the same time I don't want to sound like a self centered broken record. However, many of you have encouraged April and I to keep up on the blog. Sooo...here we are again:-)As of this morning Lincoln weighed 4lbs 3oz. This means that the nurses will begin to test him and see how he'll do at sleeping in an open crib. They'll want to make sure he can hold his own temperature without all of the warmth the isolette provides. Last night the nurses took him off of his IV...which means no more ugly IV in his arm! One of the main reasons he's going without the IV is that he's begun to breastfeed a little, and he's doing well with all of the nutrients he is getting from his momma:-) We are so thankful that he seems to be reaching some important milestones and progressing so well. One fun thing to mention real quick is that he's going to start wearing clothes! As we tucked Lincoln in for the night, his nurse encouraged us to pick out an outfit that she could put him in for the night. Unable to make a decision on our own, the nurse happily looked into our bag of preemie clothes and pulled out her favorite. Hopefully we'll get some pictures tomorrow of Lincoln showing off his cool threads.
As April and I have had a lot of time to think and talk recently...one of the things we've agreed on is that it's important to include a little more than just the stuf "about us " in our blog. Each day when we go and spend time in the NICU with Lincoln, we aren't the only parents there. There are many other babies there who could use some prayer. There are many other parents who are going through some tough times. Although we don't know them personally, we see them a lot and know that we're all in similar situations. So, if you think of it, please pray for all of the babies and their parents in the NICU at John Muir. Because of what I know about God, I know He's much bigger and more powerful than any medical stuff out there.
In addition, we want to ask you to keep all of the nurses and doctors in your thoughts and prayers. They work long hours, are away from their families a lot, and have to deal with some stressful situations at times. There is no question that we've quickly gained a new respect for the doctors and nurses...or...the world's most expensive babysitters as we like to call them...hahaha:) Words really can't express how thankful we are for each one of them. They give a lot of themselves in order to help babies so I feel like the least we can do is say a prayer for them.
Tonight when we first got to the hospital we didn't want to disturb Lincoln. He was sound asleep so we both just sat and watched him for a few minutes until he began to wake up. While we were watching him, I couldn't help but stare at his little hands and feet. Some of you may know that one of my past jobs involved working with fingerprints...Lincoln definitely has the smallest fingerprints I've ever seen! It's amazing to think that this little boy and his tiny little fingerprints were created by the same God who decided where to place each of the stars in the sky. God is in control and we are blessed.
Thanks again for checking up on us,
Jeremy, April, & Lincoln
2 comments:
Lincoln is just AMAZING!!! We're so glad that he's making such good progress! Love you guys!
You are on an amazing journey and we are so proud of you two. Our prayers continue for both of you and for Baby Lincoln. God's plan is so big and he obviously has gigantic plans for you three. We continue to give daily updates at our jobs about "OUR FAMILY AND OUR BABY". There are so many people praying for you.
Aunt Joyce and Uncle Tom
Post a Comment