To kinda switch things up a bit we've decided to share a few funny moments we've had recently...we hope you enjoy and get to laugh a little. By the way Lincoln's middle name (Isaac) means "He will laugh"...which is part of the reason we choose it :-)
Funny moments with the Browns
1. While we were taking a peek at Lincoln the other day, April opened one of the doors to his isolette (his bed) to adjust one of his monitor leads. Unknown to April, the little door has a spring in the hinge. Sooo...when she unlatched the door and let it go, it swung open and hit Jeremy in the face...who had just bent down to look at Linc.
2. Tuesday night Lincoln was having some difficulty breathing and April heard him making some funny noises. She asked his nurse to come over and suction his nose. What came out of his nose shocked both April and the nurse (who has seen a lot). It was some huge boogers!!! Just think of a time when you were digging in your nose and found one of those really rewarding nuggets...that came out of a baby who is only 3lbs:-)
3. As I'm sure you can tell, we're able to spend a lot of time at the hospital with Lincoln. His bed
lowers up and down so you can sit in a rocker and watch over him as he rests. One day recently, I (April) was lowering his bed when all of a sudden I heard air leaking from somewhere. I flung open the curtain and called out, "What's that sound?" One of the nurses hurried over to discover that I had accidentally bumped the oxgyen valve which was leaking into the room. Needless to say I haven't lowered his bed on my own since.
4. The last one we'll share actually happened today...We had the idea to take a Christmas picture while holding Lincoln. We showed up at the hospital expecting to have all of his wires and stuff in the picture...and we were ok with that. We told the nurse our idea...and soon she brought a whole screen type thing out of a room to use as a backdrop. Then she looked around and much to April's dismay, found a red&white knit hat to shove on Lincoln's head. She was obviously excited to help us take our Christmas picture. Soon she was posing us and trying out different angles with the camera. We were totally grateful for her help but we had no idea that the icn was going to be transformed into a mini portait studio. Poor Lincoln...I wish you could've seen the look on his face.
That's all our funny stories for now...I'm sure we'll have some more soon:-)
Continue to pray for us!
.jpg)
3 comments:
Oh you did make me laugh out loud about the nuggets! The one pic of Lincoln looks like he might be trying to dig on his own! I like the horizontal high five as well!
Love and Prayers to all.
I have to confess, picturing the hinged door smack Jeremy had me laughing (sorry Jeremy!). Thank you for sharing the funny moments...it shows how much you are relying on God through all of this because you are able to rejoice and laugh in the small things. I still can't get over how much bigger and healthier he already looks. I can't wait to actually meet the little guy! We're continuing to pray daily.
love you guys,
Michael and Allison
What a sweetie. Hard to believe this little person should still be inside! Can't wait to see more pictures, just in case you are worried that we will get tired of them. Love you all,
Jodi
Post a Comment