Monday, December 29, 2008

Style

As we said last night, Lincoln is now able to start wearing clothes! Here are a few pictures we managed to get today. Hope you enjoy (click on pictures to enlarge)...



In addition to his cool new clothes, Lincoln has also decided that he likes to sport the messy rockstar hair style

Besides moving past the stage of constant nakedness and nice clean hair-do's, Lincoln managed to gain another ounce. He's now proudly weighing in at 4lbs 4oz. Yes I know, it probably sounds funny to mention when he gains as little as an ounce...but as we've said before...every ounce counts! With all of the energy he put into doing so well with eating and everything yesterday, he was pretty worn out today...which basically means he slept a lot! While Lincoln was resting up, April and I enjoyed hanging out with our friends Jim and Robyn who were visiting from Modesto. It was great to go to lunch and talk about baby stuff since they are expecting their first child at the end of April. One funny moment from our afternoon happened when the four of us stepped into an elevator. Not long after stepping in we were soon overwhelmed when more and more people started to join us. We were wondering how many people were actually going to fit. Since I'm so mature and serious all the time, I tried to break the "I feel sorta uncomfortable standing so close to people in such a small area" kind of feeling by saying, "Oh man, I've got gas!". Needless to say, that didn't go over so well...but hey, at least of few of us got a good laugh.

April and I have been learning about how special brief moments can be over the last couple of weeks. Whether it's holding Lincoln's little hands as the nurses take care of him or taking some much need naps with him, we have a new appreciation for slowing down and taking advantage of moments to stop and shut off the outside world. Tonight we had a lot of fun hanging out with some of the night shift nurses. As they were busy taking care of their assigned babies, we talked a lot and had the chance to ask a lot of questions (funny and serious). We're enjoying getting to know each of them and we're realizing that it will be weird to just stop going to the hospital some day. We're thankful that we've had the chance to get to know some great people who take care of Lincoln.

Tomorrow is not too far away so I should wrap it up. It's going to be another day of spending time with Lincoln...Another day of trying to be patient as he slowly grows...and another day of finding moments to value.

4 comments:

Giana said...

Love the froggies!!!

Anonymous said...

We're so proud of you, Jeremy! ;) At least they got a little warning. The pictures are great. He is so cute. Can't wait to see him! Give him a little squeeze from his family in Simi Valley. We are leaving here at about 6 p.m. tonight. We will give you a call tomorrow sometime. Love, Jodi

gma said...

Wow - the weight gain is great. I can even see is face is getting fuller. Just think, that tiny littl hand will soon be as big as daddy's! Love to you.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on here in a few days and it was such a joy to read how well Linc has been doing. What a blessed first Christmas! He is getting more and more beautiful every day (and he was already too precious for words!). We're continuing the prayers.
love,
Michael and ALlison