This morning when April woke up she felt like she was getting a sore throat so despite how badly she wanted to go and see Lincoln, she couldn't go to the hospital at all. Lincoln isn't strong enough to fight off stuff that we as adults can handle so we just can't take any chances and expose him to any kind of germs. He's too important to us to risk it, even if it is as minor as sore throat. The hospital has signs posted everywhere to make people aware and cautious about spreading sickness so we wanted to make sure and do our part. Needless to say, it was a really tough day for April. It's hard enough to leave him behind each night...and then to know that you can't see him at all for a day or two is even worse.Since April couldn't make it to see him, she had to call in the reserves...ok so, it was just me but whatever. After making sure to take my vitamins, I was glad to go and give Lincoln some love from his momma. He was doing good again today and all of the reports from the doctors remain positive. One big accomplishment to report is that he's no longer under phototherapy. So, while I'm sure he enjoyed the stylish shades he was sporting for a few days, we're glad to know that his billirubin count has stabilized. It seems like he is improving a little bit more each day! Today he was able to even eat a tiny bit of milk (1 ml to be specific). As I've said in recent posts, eating and digesting is a milestone in the development of a preemie so we'll pray that he can quickly jump through this hoop and continue to grow.
I was able to spend some time with Lincoln twice today and both times the nurses let me hold him. This morning I spent over and hour holding him against my chest. Each time the nurses reposition him or move him it causes him a little bit of stress, but he quickly settled in and relaxed after being placed against my skin. I can't explain how peaceful it is to hold him. It's like nothing I've ever felt before. Lincoln and I took a nap together and when the nurses woke me up I felt more rested than I have in at least a week. It was really nice:) One quick fun fact - Lincoln's day nurse told me that babies can easily tell who is holding them because father's tend to have a firmer grip on them. She also told me that they can tell Mom and Dad apart by the tone of their voices. Yeah I know, this probably sounds like really obvious stuff but as I drove home for lunch I kept thinking about how amazing it is to know that my son already knows me!
Before I go, I just want to ask you to really pray for April. It's been a really hard day for her and she's hoping to be able to see Lincoln again either tomorrow or Friday. She's already such a great Mom...she totally lights up whenever she's around Linc. Pray that she would be able to fight off any sickness and get a lot of rest. Speaking of rest...I think it's about that time....zzzzzzzz
Thanks for checking out our blog again,
Jeremy, April, and Lincoln
9 comments:
Thank you for sharing such a huge part of your lives with us. I've been following along smiling and crying with you. He loves so handsome and although he is so tiny he looks so very perfect in every way. Stay healthy
Looks like Lincoln is going to be a thinker! Wonder what he was pondering when the pic was being taken. He sure looks compy snuggled next to his daddy! Good news each day with the progress! April, don't forget your apple cider vinegar! Hoding you up in prayer.
Hi guys...we have never met, but I know you because of Crossroads...our family that we had to leave a few years ago. I have been praying for you guys here in Colorado. It sounds like you are finding the joy during this trial.
I just want to encourage April. Believe it or not I know exactly what you are going through...not being able to be there for your children, our circumstances are different but the end result is the same. You and Jeremy take EmergenC, everyday...garlic fights off the simpilest things. You have to get rest so you can fight off the germs. But enough advise, you don't want that...we will continue to pray for you & rejoice with you as Lincoln continues to improve each day. It is all in God's most capable hands.
So I didn't think it was possible, but Linc is getting cuter and more precious every day! And April, God really laid you on my heart last night in prayer. I had no idea you weren't feeling well, but obviously God knew!
love and prayers,
Michael and Allison
Jeremy, April, and Linc
I've decided that if God ever removes you from ministry, Jeremy, you should be a writer! Everyday I love reading what you write.
Uncle Mark and I just want to tell you how proud we are of the two of you. As one of our pastors used to say"..when the rubber meets the road..." well the rubber is meeting the road and the 2 of you are driving like pros! It's so easy to talk the talk, but it blesses us so to see you walk the walk. We know God is and will continue to bless you, strengthen you, and keep you. We are praying and want you to know how much we love you guys
Aunt Debby
Hi Jeremy and April, stopped by the hospital the other day to give you hugs and it was report time (forgot about that time of day!) anyway, when I pray for Lincoln, I picture Jesus sitting in the rocking chair in the NICU and holding him while he is sleeping...that's how I pictured Sofie when she was there...funny you mentioned the same thing, it is soooo hard to leave them even though you know that they are well cared for all through the night. If I weren't a Christian, I would be amazed at how quickly he is progressing given how premature he was. He was taken off the Cpap and the bilirubin lights earlier than what I know to be normal! God is so good! I'll be praying for April's cold and that you Jeremy don't get it. Make sure you both get enough rest, if I can do anything, anything at all, please call me!! Love you both, Debbi
Oh man brown's
I'm totally at work and should not be writing but I just have to have updates. :) So I sit here and read your words and then all the other comments. I sit and cry with Joy at so many people who love the Lord and Love you. God is sooooo good. See you soon!
Robyn
What a cutie! Thanks for keeping all of us posted in such detail. It's great to know exactly what to pray for and specifically how to pray.
blessings on you all,
leslie
Thank you, thank you, Jeremy and April for allowing us to take part in this journey your family is taking with Jesus. I look forward to catching up with your family's progress every day and praying for the three of you. Lincoln is such a beautiful little boy and I am so glad God is producing small miracles every day for the Brown family. We love you and wish you lots of good health for lots of hugging on your baby boy.
Love,
Dena, Tim, Drew, Faith and Charlotte
Post a Comment